Some Sevens From Psalm 89

Some Sevens From Psalm 89

Both the Hebrew words for mercies (Strong’s #2617) and faithfulness (Strong’s #530) are used seven times each in Psalm 89:

1) Strong's #2617 (mercy/mercies, lovingkindnesses) used seven times:

A. Psalm 89:1 Maschil of Ethan the Ezrahite. I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

B. Psalm 89:2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

C. Psalm 89:14 Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face.

D. Psalm 89:24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.

E. Psalm 89:28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.

F. Psalm 89:33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.

G. Psalm 89:49 Lord, where are thy former lovingkindnesses, which thou swarest unto David in thy truth?


2) Strong's #530 (faithfulness, truth) used seven times:

Psalm 89:1 Maschil of Ethan the Ezrahite. I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

Psalm 89:2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

Psalm 89:5 And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.

Psalm 89:8 O LORD God of hosts, who is a strong LORD like unto thee? or to thy faithfulness round about thee?

Psalm 89:24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.

Psalm 89:33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.

Psalm 89:49 Lord, where are thy former lovingkindnesses, which thou swarest unto David in thy truth? 


3) Psalm 89 has 14 statements of what God has (thou hast) done to the wicked:

In Psalm 89:10, 38-40, 42-45

A) Thou hast broken Rahab in pieces, as one that is slain;

B) thou hast scattered thine enemies with thy strong arm.

C) But thou hast cast off and abhorred,

D) thou hast been wroth with thine anointed.

E) Thou hast made void the covenant of thy servant:

F) thou hast profaned his crown by casting it to the ground.

G) Thou hast broken down all his hedges;

H) thou hast brought his strong holds to ruin.

I) Thou hast set up the right hand of his adversaries;

J) thou hast made all his enemies to rejoice.

K) Thou hast also turned the edge of his sword, and hast not made him to stand in the battle.

L) Thou hast made his glory to cease, and cast his throne down to the ground.

M) The days of his youth hast thou shortened:

N) thou hast covered him with shame. Selah.


*For clarification: When a multiple of a number is used, it has the same meaning as the original number. For example, seven means perfection, completion, and is God's stamp on His Word. A multiple of seven has the same meaning, sometimes heightening or magnifying it, but the same underlying meaning. So 14, 21, 70, 490, etc. all have the same symbolic meaning in the Scriptures. There are so many sevens in the Bible, but you will often find many passages where a multiple of seven is used as well. Like here.

Jerry Bouey

Running sevens count: 120

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruth's Sevenfold Statement Of Faith

Seven References To Our Walk In Ephesians

Seven Times Hebrews Says Jesus' Sacrifice Was Once For All