Seven Times Thy Will Is Used In The Bible:
1) Psalm 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
2) Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
3) Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
4) Matthew 26:42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
5) Luke 11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
6) Hebrews 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
7) Hebrews 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
It is interesting to see sevens that include references to the Lord Jesus Christ. Often, you will find the middle and the last as being really significant when it comes to Jesus. In this case, the first, middle, last (and second to last) are all about Jesus. The perfect example for God's people to follow.
Jerry Bouey
Running seven count: 89
Comments
Post a Comment