A Sevenfold Promise To God's People From Isaiah 41
A Sevenfold Promise To God's People From Isaiah 41:
A) Isaiah 41:17-20
1) When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them,
2) I the God of Israel will not forsake them.
3) I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys:
4) I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.
5) I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the shittah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree;
6) I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together:
7) That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the LORD hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it.
Isaiah 41:17-18 mean a lot to me. When I came back from preaching my Mom's funeral in September 2005, the next morning I was so drained emotionally - spiritually dry and thirsty. I remember crying out to the Lord to quench that aching thirst inside so I would not get discouraged or sidetracked in my walk with Him. I opened my Bible to that day's reading in my Bible reading schedule, and it was this chapter. God had this promise ready for me when I really needed it - on the exact day I needed it. Needless to say, God was faithful and quenched my thirst literally 21 years ago.
B) Isaiah 41:19
1) I will plant in the wilderness the cedar,
2) the shittah tree,
3) and the myrtle,
4) and the oil tree;
5) I will set in the desert the fir tree,
6) and the pine,
7) and the box tree together:
Seven types of trees planted by the Lord.
I do not usually endorse or use online search summaries (other than as a springboard to find a quote or general information), but this was the search's summary when one of the members of my Bible study did a search for these seven trees in this verse. From what I know about the symbolism of some of these trees, I agree with the conclusions and wanted to share them with you.
From an online search:
In the KJV of Isaiah 41:19, the seven trees symbolize God’s miraculous power to transform barren wilderness into a flourishing, provision-filled paradise. They represent the complete restoration and protection of His people:
Cedar: Symbolizes strength, majesty, and royal longevity.
Shittah tree (Acacia): Symbolizes incorruptibility. Its wood was used for the Ark of the Covenant.
Myrtle: Symbolizes peace, joy, and fragrance.
Oil tree (Wild Olive): Symbolizes the continual provision of the Holy Spirit and fruitfulness.
Fir tree: Symbolizes resilience, shelter, and strength.
Pine: Symbolizes fruitfulness and longevity.
Box tree: Symbolizes beauty and sturdy, evergreen growth.
Together, the number 7 signifies spiritual perfection and completion, illustrating that God will provide both water and comforting shade for the faithful in their times of trial.
Jerry Bouey
Running sevens count: 183
Comments
Post a Comment