Paul's Sevenfold Experiences In His Ministry

Paul's Sevenfold Experiences In His Ministry:

I have 8 sevenfold lists for you today.

1) Paul’s sevenfold approach to the ministry.

Acts 20:18-21

And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, 

1) after what manner I have been with you at all seasons, 

2) Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, 

3) and with many tears, 

4) and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews: 

5) And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, 

6) but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house, 

7) Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.


2) Paul’s sevenfold focus.

Acts 20:22-24

1) And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, 

2) not knowing the things that shall befall me there: 

3) Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. 

4) But none of these things move me, 

5) neither count I my life dear unto myself, 

6) so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, 

7) to testify the gospel of the grace of God.


3) Paul’s final message to the Ephesians elders is sevenfold.

Acts 20:25-31

1) And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. 

2) Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. 

3) For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

4) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, 

5) to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. 

6) For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 

7) Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.


4) Paul’s sevenfold approach and defense of his ministry.

Acts 20:32-35

1) And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, 

2) which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. 

3) I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel. 

4) Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me. 

5) I have shewed you all things, 

6) how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, 

7) and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.


5) Paul lists seven natural advantages he had, which he rejected in favour of knowing the Lord.
Philippians 3:5-6

1) Circumcised the eighth day, 
2) of the stock of Israel, 
3) of the tribe of Benjamin, 
4) an Hebrew of the Hebrews; 
5) as touching the law, a Pharisee;
6) Concerning zeal, persecuting the church;
7) touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.


6) Sevenfold reason Paul counts his past as dung.

Philippians 3:8-10

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, 
1. that I may win Christ, 
2. And be found in him, 
3. not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 
4. That I may know him, 
5. and the power of his resurrection, 
6. and the fellowship of his sufferings, 
7. being made conformable unto his death;


7) 28 specifics are mentioned about Paul's ministry.

2 Corinthians 6:4-10 

But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, 
A. in much patience, 
B. in afflictions, 
C. in necessities, 
D. in distresses, 
E. In stripes, 
F. in imprisonments, 
G. in tumults, 
H. in labours, 
I. in watchings, 
J. in fastings; 
K. By pureness, 
L. by knowledge, 
M. by longsuffering, 
N. by kindness, 
O. by the Holy Ghost, 
P. by love unfeigned, 
Q.  By the word of truth, 
R. by the power of God, 
S. by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, 
T. By honour and dishonour, 
U. by evil report and good report: 
V. as deceivers, and yet true; 
W. As unknown, and yet well known; 
X. as dying, and, behold, we live; 
Y. as chastened, and not killed; 
Z. As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; 
AA. as poor, yet making many rich; 
BB. as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.


8) 28 things related to Paul and his sufferings in the ministry are named here.

2 Corinthians 11:22-28

A) Are they Hebrews? so am I. 
B) Are they Israelites? so am I. 
C) Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I. 
D) Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; 
E) in labours more abundant, 
F) in stripes above measure, 
G) in prisons more frequent, 
H) in deaths oft. 
I) Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. 
J) Thrice was I beaten with rods, 
K) once was I stoned, 
L) thrice I suffered shipwreck, 
M) a night and a day I have been in the deep; 
N) In journeyings often, 
O) in perils of waters, 
P) in perils of robbers, 
Q) in perils by mine own countrymen, 
R) in perils by the heathen, 
S) in perils in the city, 
T) in perils in the wilderness, 
U) in perils in the sea, 
V) in perils among false brethren; 
W) In weariness and painfulness, 
X) in watchings often, 
Y) in hunger and thirst, 
Z) in fastings often, 
AA) in cold and nakedness. 
BB) Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.


*For clarification: When a multiple of a number is used, it has the same meaning as the original number. For example, seven means perfection, completion, and is God's stamp on His Word. A multiple of seven has the same meaning, sometimes heightening or magnifying it, but the same underlying meaning. So 14, 21, 70, 490, etc. all have the same symbolic meaning in the Scriptures. There are so many sevens in the Bible, but you will often find many passages where a multiple of seven is used as well. Like here.

Jerry Bouey

Running sevens count: 268

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruth's Sevenfold Statement Of Faith

Seven References To Our Walk In Ephesians

Sevenfold Description And Explanation Of The Mighty Angel In Revelation 10